If you have any questions regarding your rights or responsibilities, please contact us at 240-420-0192 or email@example.com
As a patient at Parkway Surgery Center, you have the right to:
- Considerate, respectful care at all times and under all circumstances, with recognition of your personal dignity.
- Personal and informational privacy, within the law.
- Information concerning your diagnosis, treatment and prognosis, to the degree known.
- Receive care in a safe setting.
- Confidentiality of records and disclosures. Except when required by law, you have the right to approve or refuse the release of records.
- Participate in and make decisions about medical care, including the right to accept or refuse medical or surgical treatment.
- Know that the facility does not honor advance directives. If a patient presents an Advance Directive, it will be copied and placed in the patient’s chart. However, it will be suspended while in the care of Parkway Surgery Center. In the event that the patient is transferred to an acute care facility, a copy of the Advance Directive will be provided to that facility.
- Receive information on advance directive state health and safety laws and the official state advance directive forms, if requested. For more information, please visit:
Maryland residents: www.oag.state.md.us/Healthpol/
Pennsylvania residents: www.aging.state.pa.us/aging
- Impartial access to treatment regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, handicap, or disability. (The surgery center adheres to all federal and state rule, regulations and policies to promote a non-discriminatory environment for all of our patients)
- Receive estimated costs prior to the day of surgery and, as a follow up, receive an itemized bill for all services received.
- Know that certain physicians in this center are owners of and have interests in the Parkway Surgery Center.
- Choose the provider of your healthcare services. Therefore, you have the option to use a healthcare facility other than Parkway Surgery Center. You will not be treated differently by such physicians if you choose to obtain healthcare services at a facility other than Parkway Surgery Center.
- Know the identity and professional status of individuals providing service to you.
- Report any comments or voice any grievances concerning the quality of services provided to you during the time spent at the facility without being subjected to discrimination or reprisal and receive timely, fair follow-up on your comments.
As a patient at Parkway Surgery Center, you are responsible for:
- Providing, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information about your present health status and past medical history and reporting any unexpected changes to the appropriate practitioner(s).
- Following the treatment plan recommended by the primary practitioner involved in your case.
- Providing an adult to transport you home after surgery and an adult to be responsible for you at home for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- Indicating whether you clearly understand a contemplated course of action and what is expected of you.
- Your actions and adverse consequences that may result if you refuse treatment, leave the facility against the advice of the practitioner, and/or do not follow the practitioner’s instructions relating to your case.
- Assuring that your portion of financial payment is submitted as quickly as possible.
- Providing information about and/or copies of any living will, power of attorney or other directives that you desire us to know about.
The surgery center has multiple reporting mechanisms in place for expressing concerns.
- Jennifer Collins, Administrator: 240-420-0192, ext 225 Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maryland Department of Health: 1-877-463-3464
Written complaints may be submitted to:
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
201 West Preston Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
- Office of the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman
For additional information about HIPAA’s Notice of Privacy Practices for Protected Health Information please follow the link below: HIPAA’s Notice of Privacy Practices